Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 16:01:31 +0200
From: Marc Femenia <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: PK-13 extension ring [v04.n345/8]
Message: 8

Hello everybody!

I have been offered the possibility of buying a 55/2.8 micro with a
PK-13
extension ring. I think that with this combo a ratio of 1:1 reproduction

can be obtained.
<<<
Nope, you need the PN-11 to get to 1:1 with this lens.  It has a 55mm
extension.

I am not very much into macro photography, but I think I could begin
with
this combo..... My question is the following:

Is it possible to use this extension ring in other lenses?, in which
lenses
works best (i.e. wide-angles, teles...)?,
<<<
Any extension tube can be used with any lens.  All it is is a spacer.

I haven't used mine with wide-angle lenses.

Is it difficult to use ?, i.e. does the focusing and metering differ
very
much from shooting without extension ring?
<<<
Focusing is different.  TTL exposure is not affected.

I have at present the following lenses: 24/2.0; 35-70/3.5; 50-135/3.5.

>From the little I know, the smallest focal length of the lens gives a
stronger macro effect. Would that mean that with the 24/2.0 I would get
greater magnification than with the 55 micro?, or may be the lens has to
be
one of these "micros"?
<<<
Look at the instruction sheet that came with the lens to see how big you
can get.

The 50-135 has a "macro" function.... would that be enough?
<<<
Not unless you are satisfied with a 1:4 size.

Jim