While running make from ~/nox/build, I was getting an error because of which
the Component wasn't starting up. Got it resolved.
Thanks

----- Original Message -----
From: "Saurabh S Sabnis" <ssabn...@gatech.edu>
To: nox-dev@noxrepo.org
Sent: Sunday, January 22, 2012 5:49:26 PM
Subject: [nox-dev] Error while starting new NOX Component

Hi,

I have just started working on NOX and I am currently going through the
OpenFlow tutorial given on the OpenFlow site. I created a new Component in the
/nox/coreapps/examples directory with the name 'printpacket'. I also changed
the Makefile and meta.json to reflect this new component. Then I ran the
boot.sh and configure scripts. But when I tried to start the controller with
this new component, it gave me this error:

00036|pycomponent|DBG:Importing Python module nox.coreapps.examples.printpacket
00037|nox|DBG:Application installation report:
00038|nox|DBG:built-in event dispatcher:
        Current state: INSTALLED
        Required state: INSTALLED
        Dependencies:

00039|nox|DBG:built-in DSO deployer:
        Current state: INSTALLED
        Required state: INSTALLED
        Dependencies:

00040|nox|DBG:python:
        Current state: INSTALLED
        Required state: INSTALLED
        Dependencies:

00041|nox|DBG:printpacket:
        Current state: ERROR
        Required state: INSTALLED
        Dependencies: 'python' OK, 'python' OK
        Error:
                cannot import a Python module
'nox.coreapps.examples.printpacket':
                ImportError: No module named printpacket

00042|nox|ERR:Cannot change the state of 'printpacket' to INSTALLED:
'printpacket' ran into an error:
        cannot import a Python module 'nox.coreapps.examples.printpacket':
        ImportError: No module named printpacket

Am I missing any step?

Thanks and regards,
Saurabh