If your install a flow entry without any actions it should cause the
datapath to drop the packet.

If you check out core.py that would probably help to clarify but in
general you do something like this if you want to perform rewrite:

  actions = [
        [openflow.OFPAT_SET_DL_SRC, mac_to_int(inst.Agent[HA]['mac']) ],
        [openflow.OFPAT_SET_DL_DST, mac_to_int(inst.Agent[FA]['mac']) ],
        [openflow.OFPAT_SET_NW_SRC, inst.Agent[HA]['ip']],
        [openflow.OFPAT_OUTPUT, [0, inst.Agent[FA]['inport']]]
    ]

Aaron

On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 4:54 PM, Gabe Bassett <g...@theengineer.org> wrote:
> Thanks Aaron for the answer to the last question, I have another question
> about actions.
>
> Is there any clear documentation on how to execute specific actions?  I
> undersand the general idea of the list of lists of actions, but am unclear
> on the actual actions and their variables.  I'm trying to take a packet and
> install an flow to a different IP than the one listed as well as rewriting
> the packet to take follow the flow.  It would also be nice to know the
> appropriate action to drop a packet.
>
> Thanks again for the help and please let me know if I was unclear in the
> description.
>
> Gabe

Aaron O. Rosen
Masters Student - Network Communication