On 6-11-2011 13:52, Simonyi András wrote:
Dear ConTeXt-ers,

I am using protrusion and char. expansion for a book project (with
MKIV from the latest ConTeXt minimal), and it works wonderfully, with
the exception of a minor problem: I find the preset protrusion
parameters for  "guillemets" (double angle quotes)  which occur
frequently in my (Italian) text
too large, and would like to modify them.  Relying on the wiki and
mailing-list posts, I realised that the parameters are set in the file
font-ext.lua, but changing this file seems to have no effect on the
typesetting. How should I rebuild/recompile ConTeXt in order to
"apply" my changes?

I am a novice ConTeXt  user, so please forgive me if my question is trivial.

There is no need to change that file, just make a new vector in your style.

\startluacode

local classes = fonts.protrusions.classes
local vectors = fonts.protrusions.vectors

classes.myown = {
    vector = 'myown',
    factor = 1,
}

vectors.myown = table.merged (vectors.quality, {
    [0x002C] = { 0, 2 }, -- comma
})

\stopluacode

\starttext

\showframe

\definefontfeature[whatever][default][protrusion=quality]

\definedfont[Serif*whatever] \setupalign[hanging] \input tufte

\definefontfeature[whatever][default][protrusion=myown]