Dear Sietse,

Thanks a lot!!!

> Finally found it, after lots of trial-and-erroring through
> likely-looking table names in file-job.lua: the stack of input files
> is kept in resolvers.inputstack.

I don't program any "lua". But I was taking a look at "file-job.lua"
myself. I have a lot to learn!! :-)

> Assuming (absolute path of invocation
> dir) + (path of file relative to invocation dir) = the desired path,

I don't mind this assumption.
Actually, I don't mind having a path relative to the currdir.

> the following should work.
>
>     \cldcontext{
>         environment.runpath .. '/'  ..
>             file.pathpart(resolvers.inputstack[#resolvers.inputstack])
>     }

I will try this now.

> You may or may not want to parse out any ./ and ../ components.

No, I don't need that.

> (If you do: helpful filename manipulation functions (such as
> file.pathpart, indeed) may be found in l-file.lua.)

Thanks for the tip. Might be useful someday.

> Hope this helps,

It does! :-)
Although, I think there should be a "luatex" command for this. That
is, something not related to ConTeXt.

Thank you,
André Caldas.