Hi numpy-devs, I was the one reporting the original bug about missing ATLAS
support in the debian lenny python-numpy package. AFAICT the source
python-numpy package in etch (numpy version 1.0.1) does not require
atlas to build
_dotblas.c, only lapack is needed. If you install the resulting binary
package on a
system where ATLAS is present, ATLAS libraries are used instead of plain lapack.
So basically it was already working before the check for ATLAS was
introduced into
the numpy building system. Why should ATLAS now be required?

> It's not as trivial as just reverting that changeset, though.
why is that? I mean, it was *working* before...

thank you,
tiziano