Matthew:  Thanks for the link to array order discussion.

Any more thoughts on Phil's slice() function?

On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 4:50 PM, Gael Varoquaux <
gael.varoqu...@normalesup.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 08:10:32PM +0100, Robert Kern wrote:
> > In my opinion, duplicating functionality under different aliases just
> > so people can supposedly find things without reading the documentation
> > is not a viable strategy for building out an API.
>
> +1. It's been my experience over and over again. Richer APIs are actually
> less used and known than simple APIs. People don't find their way around
> them.
>
> > My suggestion is to start building out a "How do I ...?" section to
> > the User's Guide that answers small questions like this. "How do I
> > iterate over an arbitrary axis of an array?" should be sufficiently
> > discoverable.
>
> Indeed, I agree that this is a documentation problem. It does not make it
> a simple problem.

Andrew Giessel, PhD

Department of Neurobiology, Harvard Medical School
220 Longwood Ave Boston, MA 02115
ph: 617.432.7971 email: andrew_gies...@hms.harvard.edu