On Wed, Feb 15, 2017 at 7:37 PM, Ralf Gommers <ralf.gomm...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 16, 2017 at 8:02 AM, Matthew Brett <matthew.br...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hey,
>>
>> A recent post to the wheel-builders mailing list pointed out some
>> links to places providing free PowerPC hosting for open source
>> projects, if they agree to a submitted request:
>>
>> https://mail.python.org/pipermail/wheel-builders/2017-February/000257.html
>>
>> It would be good to get some testing going on these architectures.
>> Shall we apply for hosting, as the numpy organization?
>

> Those are bare VMs it seems. Remembering the Buildbot and Mailman horrors, I
> think we should be very reluctant to taking responsibility for maintaining
> CI on anything that's not hosted and can be controlled with a simple config
> file in our repo.

Not sure what you mean about mailman - maybe the Enthought servers we
didn't have access to?  For buildbot, I've been maintaining about 12
crappy old machines for about 7 years now [1] - I'm happy to do the
same job for a couple of properly hosted PPC machines.   At least we'd
have some way of testing for these machines, if we get stuck - even if
that involved spinning up a VM and installing the stuff we needed from
the command line.

Cheers,

Matthew

[1] http://nipy.bic.berkeley.edu/buildslaves