On Wed, 11 Aug 2021, Arnaud Quette wrote:

Le lun. 9 août 2021 à 15:06, Roger Price <ro...@rogerprice.org> a écrit :
      If nobody has objected after a week, then I suggest

        1) Go ahead with the proposed additions
        2) Give us a link to the new docs/nut-names.txt

Hi Roger,
thanks for your answer!

I may be misreading your answer, or misunderstanding the new process, so please
bear with me.
on 1) though I still have the power to merge PRs, I don't consider that I'm the
right person now to merge these:
* PR https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/pull/1060/files
* PR https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/pull/1062/files
* PR https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/pull/1063/files
@Charles Lepple and @Jim Klimov esp. your feedback is welcome

on 2) the resulting new docs/nut-names.txt will the the one in git master
branch, once the above PRs are merged.

If agreed, I can proceed with merging these PRs, and link back the
docs/nut-names.txt in the git master branch.

Bonjour Arnaud, Sorry, I should have been clearer. The proposed RFC does not require any modification whatsoever to the NUT development process. Nothing changes. Whatever you did before, you go on doing. However an additional effect is that one of the files in the docs directory, nut-names.txt, is a Recording Document, and when the development activity changes this file, it also updates the RFC.

It seems to me that RFCs by their nature are public and changes should be publicly documented. A mailing list announcement is fine. When I said

        2) Give us a link to the new docs/nut-names.txt

my idea was that a list reader would be told where the new version could be seen. But please do this in whatever way is most convenient to you and to the development process.

Should the process include an official "Yes we have rough consensus for a Recording Document update" from Jim?

Roger