The patch has been merged into the main Git branch, as mentioned here:
https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/issues/439
<https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/issues/439> (also suggests why the
CP1500... doesn't exhibit the problem)

but a new release is still in the works:
https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/issues/1263
<https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/issues/1263>

For reference, CPS UPSes have their own issue tag/label in GitHub, which can
help when looking for problems and patches:
https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22CyberPower+%28CPS%29%22

<https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/issues?q=is:issue+is:open+label:%22CyberPower+(CPS)%22>

--
Charles Lepple