On 6/19/23 22:00, Charles Lepple wrote:
On Jun 19, 2023, at 8:33 PM, gene heskett wrote:

However, any attempt to add it to the [myups] stanza in ups.conf is a showstopper error.
No mention of this "flag" in the rest of the file's comments.

So how does that syntax actually look like?

In ups.conf, you should be able to do something like this:

[myups]
     driver = usbhid-ups
     port = auto
     pollonly

If that isn't working, check for spurious UPS-specific lines in the "global" section
(above the first UPS stanza like "[myups]"), or vice-versa (global options covered in
ups.conf documentation that got added to the end of the ups.conf template).

("pollonly" doesn't appear in the standard ups.conf template because it is
specific to usbhid-ups.)

ref: https://networkupstools.org/docs/man/usbhid-ups.html#_extra_arguments

- Charles
here is all the active lines in ups.conf.
[myups]
        driver = "usbhid-ups" #"pollonly"
        port = "auto"
        vendorid = "051D"
        productid = "0003"
        product = "Smart-UPS_1500 FW:UPS 03.5 / ID=1015"
        serial = "3S1906X11389"
        vendor = "American Power Conversion"
        bus = "001"
#       pollonly
#       cable = 1234
#       desc = "Something descriptive"
Nothing else is uncommented. And its (upsc) working if that is commented as above..
??
Thanks Charles
.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.