> On Apr 23, 2024, at 3:51 PM, tim.o via Nut-upsuser
> <nut-upsuser@alioth-lists.debian.net> wrote:
>
> The value changed to battery.runtime.low: 16, instead of 3600. I don't
> understand why, because executing the command resulted in SUCCESS.

Unfortunately, the SUCCESS response is just saying that upsrw was able to send
that request to upsd (i.e. the username/password were correct). As you saw, the
real proof is in what you read back from upsc.

Have you tried any other values? 3600 is hex 0xe10, and 16 is 0x10, so it is
quite possible the UPS is using an 8-bit field to store battery.runtime.low.
I'm guessing the maximum is going to be 255.

This is not entirely surprising - we have a GitHub issue label specific to CPS
for issues with their USB HID protocol implementation.

--
Charles Lepple
clepple@gmail