I've updated to 2.0.4 and changed driver to megatec. It is working too.
Old info, showed by fentonups:
battery.charge: 100.0
battery.voltage: 28.0
driver.name: fentonups
driver.parameter.port: /dev/ttyS0
driver.version: 2.0.3
driver.version.internal: 1.22
input.frequency: 49.9
input.voltage: 221.0
output.voltage: 223.6
ups.load: 032
ups.mfr:  FUDEN
ups.model: Unknown S163-1000
ups.status: OL TRIM

Now it is more verbose :)
battery.charge: 100.0
battery.voltage: 28.00
battery.voltage.nominal: 24.0
driver.name: megatec
driver.parameter.port: /dev/ttyS0
driver.version: 2.0.4
driver.version.internal: 1.4
input.frequency: 49.9
input.voltage: 219.3
input.voltage.fault: 140.0
input.voltage.maximum: 220.1
input.voltage.minimum: 218.6
output.voltage: 221.8
output.voltage.nominal: 230.0
ups.delay.shutdown: 2
ups.delay.start: 3
ups.load: 30.0
ups.mfr: FUDEN
ups.model: S163-1000 9.02A
ups.serial: unknown
ups.status: OL BOOST
ups.temperature: 38.8

It is "PowerMan RealSmart 1000" model. I can also try to check PowerMan BackPro model (I have access to machine with it) if it really works with genericups.

Arnaud Quette wrote:
Hi Kjell,

2006/8/4, Kjell Claesson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Hi,
fre 2006-08-04 klockan 17:24 +0200 skrev Arnaud QUETTE:

> Hi Alexander,
>
> > I've UPS named PowerMan RealSmart 1000, it is not listed in
> > compatibility list. I found that it works with "fentonups" driver
> and
> > have ups.model "Unknown S163-1000". Ithink "1000" is from capacity
> -
> > I've seen in Internet someone have RealSmart 800 identified
> "S163-800".
> > Also PowerMan have "BackPro" series - people write it works with
> > genericups, type 4.
>
> thanks for these info.
>
> About fentonups, you should try the megatec driver, available in
> 2.0.4, as
> it will replace fentonups and a bunch of other drivers (get in touch
> with Carlos about that).
>
> @Carlos and Kjell: can you check to update drivers.list as per these
> info?

The info is in the driver.list.

thanks for your quick action.

Maybe it would be changed to megatec by
Carlos.

let's wait for feedback from Alexander on how his dev behave with megatec.

Arnaud