That is very odd indeed. Why should the system shut off abruptly? If
the log shows nothing, then it seems that the UPS just turned off the
power.

I recommend testing this while attaching, say, a lamp to the UPS,
instead of a computer. (You can still use your computer to monitor the
UPS, just don't plug it into it!)

-- Peter