>> Any idea when those committed powercom specs will be incorporated?

>From the FAQ:

"Any time there is a gap in features, it's usually because the
 group of people who own that hardware and the group of people who
 write code don't overlap.  The fix is to make them overlap -
 turn an owner into a developer or vice-versa."

Unless someone picks up writing a driver around the protocol specification
that was committed by Alexey Sidorov (December 22nd), this may never
happen. None of the active developers has one of these devices, as far as
I know.

>> I'm eagerly awaiting them -- if there's a cvs snapshot or something I can
>> check out I can help you with testing.

See above. Don't hold your breath.

> digging back the powercom king-pro thread, I don't see anything more
> than "it doesn't work with the powercom driver but it should with
> genericups"

I never heard of you again after suggesting to try the genericups driver.
That doesn't really help in persuading me to look into this.

> I don't see any commited specs too?!

Since the specifications were posted in the development mailing list, but
nobody picked up the task for writing a driver for it, I don't see any
need to rush it.

Best regards, Arjen