Arjen de Korte schreef:
Herman wrote:

Are you absolutely sure that the UPS is connected to /dev/ttyS0? The
fact that the driver is reporting "OB LB" may also mean nothing is
connected to the port.
Thank you for your fast reply,
Yes i am quite sure my Sweex UPS 1000VA is connected to the correct
port. This port is also owned by the NUT user.
I have tested this by connecting a modem and sending an AT commando to
it. It happily replayed with OK.

That should be enough. OK, the port is right. What about the cable, you
did use the one provided with the UPS I guess, since you also used it
with the Windows software (with the same cable?)

Also i have connected the UPS to a windows machine. The bundled software
worked on that machine UPSmart 2.14. The linux software on the CD wasn't
useful since i don't run X. The manual  i got with the UPS was a
complete waste of time. It was written for a different version software
i guess you would call it the "safenet" protocol.

This suggests that  sweex  doesn't know what UPS'es they are actually
shipping. Or to stupid to include the right manual..

Spot on. I have told them this more than two years ago, but apparently
they just don't care about it. They are notorious for not caring at all
about this... :-(

Could you try to snoop the serial communication between Windows driver
and the UPS? The following link will point you to some software that may
aid in this:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/Utilities/Portmon.mspx

If you post the first 10 seconds of output, someone might be able to
figure out what protocol is used and if we have a driver for it.

Best regards, Arjen
I am sorry i have to give up this early but its already working with the mustec/megatec driver. If your still interested in the serial logging output i will be glad to offer it to you.

greetings and many many thanks,

Herman.