Hi Patrick,

Den Wednesday 09 January 2008 05.11.57 skrev Patrick Ohearn:
> Hello,
> I am attempting to monitor my two Powerware 3110 UPS from Gentoo Linux
> using nut-2.2.0, kernel-2.6.22.1 via USB. From what I can gather around
> the net (circa 2005) things with USB on this UPS just didn't work. Has
> this changed and is there anything I can do to help?

There is a fix (committed today) in the trunk. So if you can grab
the code from svn (trunk) and build it.

I can not garanti that it works. But as you say

quote
is there anything I can do to help?
unquote

You can test this out for us.

The ups.conf should look like this.

 [ups-router]
         driver = bcmxcp_usb
         port = auto
         desc = "Powerware 3110 - Router"

I use Gentoo also. I have a patched nut-2.2.1.tar.gz so I
copied the /usr/portage/sys-power/nut to overlay,
and copied the nut-2.2.0.ebuild to nut-2.2.1.ebuild.

This is fare more simple than building from svn as
you need to set all the config parameters to get it installed
in the right place.

Regards
Kjell