Citeren Karl Dalen <k_d...@hotmail.com>:

I have just compiled and installed nut-2.4.1 and I get
the following errors when I try it: There is no difference
if I run it as root or normal user. Any help would be
appreciated.

# usbhid-ups -DDD -a SMART1000LCD

Try running

    usbhid-ups -u root -DDD -a SMART1000LCD

instead.

If that works, you have a permissions problem and most likely will need to change the udev rules on your system. There are some hints on how to do this in "scripts/udev/README".

Better yet, find a pre-compiled package for the distribution you're using to save yourself the trouble from finding out how this works.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list