Citeren Alexander Todorov <atodo...@otb.bg>:

You'll see in the above output that your UPS doesn't report battery charge. The
blazer_usb driver can attempt to guestimate the charge remaining (see 'man 8
blazer'), but since the UPS doesn't report the load either, this will not be
nearly good enough to base a decision to shutdown on. We really have no reliable
means to determine charge remaining if the UPS is not providing us with the
necessary measurement values.
thanks for the pointer. I configured the guesstimate settings described in the man page. Does this mean that when the battery charge reaches the value of
default.battery.voltage.low it will shut down?

No, see above.

This only works if a UPS reports the battery charge itself. The values drivers can calculate are not accurate enough to base a decision on. There is no way to keep track of the battery charge- and discharge current that would be needed to accurately calculate the charge remaining. We also have no idea what is happening to a battery when a driver is not running.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list (off-list replies will be rejected)