We're looking at supplementing our Belkin Regulator Pro 1400 with a 2nd UPS, and were contemplating the APC's 3kVA Smart UPS LCD.

We'd still be using either our existing FreeBSD box or a CentOS box to control the UPS. I was just wondering if anyone's got much experience with using these with NUT. From the NUT compatibility guide, it says it uses the usb-hid driver.

It also just dawned upon me to look at Eaton after seeing the compatability list, makes sense if they're sponsoring NUT. Evolution S 3000 appeared apt too. Any users?

Many thanks,
John