Citeren Mike Barber <badpa...@googlemail.com>:

Installed 2.4.1 using apt and installed in place of initial version

Found various web documents detailing that blazer_usb would probably be the
driver to use.

using usb.conf :

[UPS]
driver = blazer_usb
port = auto

and running the driver in debug mode gives the following :

[...]

Checking device (0001/0000) (001/003)
- VendorID: 0001
- ProductID: 0000
- Manufacturer: ATCL FOR UPS
- Product: ATCL FOR UPS
- Serial Number: ATCL FOR UPS

The VendorID / ProductID combination is bogus. The manufacturer of the UPS was too cheap to apply for a real USB ID and made one up. This means that this will give us no clue how to communicate with this device based on this information. A few years ago we ran into this combination for the first time and at that time we found out how to talk to that particular device. However, this doesn't mean that yours will work in the same way (it may be something completely different, there is no way to tell).

There is a very small chance that one of the other subdrivers in blazer_usb is able to talk to device. You'll have to help finding it by specifying 'vendorid', 'productid' and 'subdriver' in ups.conf. See 'man 8 blazer' for more information. If this also fails to detect your UPS you're basically out of luck. Unless *you* can provide us with the protocol this device uses (ask the vendor, manufacturer, reverse engineer it, whatever), we can't support it in NUT.

using Blazer_usb on 2.6 gives virtually the same output as 2.4.1

You'll definitely need to use this one for the above to have any chance of success. Good luck.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list (off-list replies will be rejected)