On Mar 23, 2011, at 12:09 PM, John Bayly wrote:

Using an Eaton Evolution S 3000 (usbhid-ups) 2.6.0 on FreeBSD 7.3. After checking the debug log for an unrelated reason I saw that it was being swamped by the following message:

The USB stack in FreeBSD prior to 8.0 did not lend itself to being precisely controlled from userspace by libusb. It sounds like you are seeing slightly different problems than I saw while trying to make tripplite_usb work under FreeBSD, but the common symptom was the interrupt endpoints. (FreeBSD prior to 8.0 seems to poll the endpoints more frequently than userspace code reads from them, and I often saw partial packets dropped when the buffer filled up.)

How do things work if you add the "pollonly" option to the configuration file?