--- On Thu, 2/28/13, Manuel Wolfshant <wo...@nobugconsulting.ro> wrote:

> my APC SmartUPS 1000 -SU1000I shuts down
>      the very instant I connect it to my workstation using a
>    serial cable that I had handy ( received together with a switch ). I
>    guess that the incorrect wiring makes the UPS go nuts.

Ah... great, well sort of. At least now I know it could be a serial cable
wiring issue. Still, I can't understand why the serial cable I'm using on 1 APC
model works fine but if I use that same cable on another (identical) APC then
it shuts down immediately. (I double-checked model name and serial numbers
behind the UPS devices)
Anyway, I'll try to get the official serial cables just to rule out wiring
issues.

Thanks for helping.

Vieri