On Dec 4, 2013, at 3:52 PM, Kris Jordan wrote:

> Roger Price wrote, On 12/4/2013 12:35 PM:
>> I would like nut to become more loquacious, and to log a much more complete
>> report of its activity.  At present nut reports that its components have
>> started operation but does not automatically log their activity when UPS's
>> switch between OB and OL.  I believe that this under-reporting of important
>> facts is too minimalist - it would be better for system administrators and
>> for the nut support team if a much more complete report were available of
>> all OB/OL activity by each component.
>
> I've noticed that NUT doesn't notice short power outages or glitches like
> previous setups (APC Smart-UPS+Apcupsd) I've had. I do miss that. I thought
> NUT supported UPS notifications/interrupts so that it can know of power
> events that happen in-between the regular poll interval. But I don't how much
> the lack of reporting is due to NUT or the Eaton UPS's I am using now.

The default setting in upsmon.conf for ONLINE/ONBATT is SYSLOG+WALL.

If those events aren't being logged, we would need to trace further upstream
and see if the driver is generating the events.

Kris: I don't know the various debug levels off the top of my head, but if you
want to manually start the driver with a few -D flags and log the resulting
output, we can see whether or not your UPS is sending the notifications the way
that the driver is expecting them.

--
Charles Lepple
clepple@gmail