[moving this to nut-upsuser, since other users of Tripp Lite equipment may have
specific experience with this.]

On Jun 17, 2014, at 7:51 PM, Shen Chuan <s...@minutekey.com> wrote:

> We are trying to develop a mechanism to power cycle Tripp Lite UPS. When we
> checked the upscmd, looks like the only command we can use is
> shutdown.reboot(sudo upscmd -u user -p password ups shutdown.reboot). Because
> the PC is connected to UPS directly and we would prefer shutdown PC before
> power cycle the UPS. But if we run shutdown PC first it won't run the power
> cycle the UPS script any more. Wonder if there is a delaed power cycle
> command for Tripp Lite to give PC some time to shutdown itself? Attached the
> upscmd -l and upsc ups.
> ups.delay.shutdown: 90
> ups.timer.reboot: 65535
> ups.timer.shutdown: 65535

You should be able to set ups.delay.shutdown to the amount of time it takes the
PC to shut down (plus a buffer), then send “shutdown.reboot” from the PC.

You can monitor the ups.timer.* variables after sending the shutdown command;
they should count down.

There are some more details in the “Shutdown scripts” section of
docs/config-notes.txt, or at
http://www.networkupstools.org/docs/user-manual.chunked/ar01s06.html#_shutdown_scripts

It also looks like your UPS has a watchdog. I haven’t tried this on the newer
usbhid-ups models, but once you set the watchdog timer, the UPS will
power-cycle the outlets if the driver does not communicate with the UPS in that
timeout period.

I am not sure if the watchdog is enabled after the reboot - this is definitely
one of those cases where you will want to experiment with a dummy load on the
UPS (and with the PC powered from another outlet).

Does anyone else have any specific experience with these timers on a Tripp Lite
UPS with usbhid-ups?

--
Charles Lepple
clepple@gmail