> https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/issues/138
> That issue also includes an override setting, so if I can't get any other
> testers, I plan to merge it as-is.

Ok, great.

> It should run as user "nut" in Debian. You may want to reinstall the
> nut-server package, and check the post-inst error messages to make sure that
> the "nut" user is created, and that it is in the "nut" group as well.

The user nut and the group nut have been created..

> Not sure that is where the "user" declaration is being parsed. upsdrvctl just
> passes arguments to the drivers via the command line (including "-u",
> although that is not read from the configuration file, but from upsdrvctl's
> command line).

https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/blob/master/drivers/upsdrvctl.c#L60

I'm quite sure that it is the place where the config file is parsed...

And the init script of the debian package don't explicitly append "-u nut" in
wheezy. See the attached patch in my first message.

> Can you show us the exact configuration syntax you are using?

8<-----/etc/nut/ups.conf------
user = nut

[liebert]
    driver = usbhid-ups
    port = /dev/usb/hiddev0
    productid = 0008

> There are some fixes that were added in 2.6.4 to try and work around
> incorrect exponents in the voltages. You can try starting the usbhid-ups
> driver directly, adding "-DDD" to see if any messages are logged about
> "assuming correction factor =". It could be that we did not cover all the
> different ways those values could be wrong.

Ok, i will give it a try.

Regards.

Paul.