On Aug 17, 2015, at 1:00 AM, Johnny Wong <e430ben...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> OS = NAS4Free (FreeBSD Revision: 199506)

What does that revision number correspond to in FreeBSD release numbers? (e.g.
9.3, 10.0)

> NUT Version = 2.7.3 for other parts of NUT version is listed below
> NUT is part of the NAS4Free distribution
> Device = Tripp Lite SMART1300LCDT URL
> http://www.tripplite.com/line-interactive-ups-system-desktop-tower-1300va-120v-usb-port-lcd-screen~SMART1300LCDT/
>
> PROBLEM:  NUT is ABLE to see the UPS BUT it is not getting the right(?)
> descriptor?  I am using the usbhid-ups driver set.  I have tried others,
> tripplite, tripplite_usb, and blazer_usb and none works.  This is the closest
> I can see it being “working”

For that USB ID (09AE/3016), usbhid-ups is the correct driver.

> According to
> http://www.networkupstools.org/ddl/Tripp_Lite/SMART1300LCDT.html.  It was
> “verified” working with NUT version 2.6.4

In a message on nut-upsdev, Marco Walther just cited this thread:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.monitoring.nut.devel/6482 which mentions
that the UPS works on Debian Linux 7.1. Marco's patch is against NUT 2.7.3, and
it just corrects some scaling of the variables, so it would have gotten well
past the problem you mentioned. It sounds like this might be an issue with the
FreeBSD USB stack.

I am not familiar with NAS4Free, but what do you get when you start the driver
in debug mode? You will need to get to a root shell, then run something like
"/usr/local/libexec/nut/usbhid-ups -a upsname -DDD" (replacing "upsname" with
the name in ups.conf). Apologies in advance if you need to go hunting for the
exact path of the driver or ups.conf: the last person to have an issue with
NAS4Free did not get back to the NUT lists with the ./configure settings that
NAS4Free uses to compile NUT.

[please use reply-all]

--
Charles Lepple