On Aug 15, 2015, at 3:15 AM, Marco Walther <ma...@sonic.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just decided to fix some scaling issues for my UPS (TRIPP-LITE
> SMART1500LCDT). Apparently that issue existed for some time (and I knew about
> it as well:-()
>
> See http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.monitoring.nut.devel/6482 for a thread.
>
> My little patch is attached (against 2.7.3). It seems to be working better
> for me but I don't have any other TRIPP-LITE's to test that I did not break
> anything:-( So, please check it!

Hi Marco,

Thanks for the patch. I'm switching this to the nut-upsuser list to get a wider
audience for testing.

In case others run across this problem, could you please send the output of
"upsc" for your UPS, and also the output of "lsusb -vvv -d 09ae:"? If you want
to mask out part of the serial number, it is listed in "ups.serial" (and
"device.serial") but the more information you can leave, the better we can
identify any patterns.

If there is firmware version information in the USB descriptors, we might want
to limit the scaling to certain versions.

Thanks,

--
Charles Lepple
clepple@gmail