On Wed, 14 Oct 2015, Davide Baldini wrote:

Is there any command in the list provided by "upscmd -l myups" which is accepted by this UPS?

None of the command sin the list successfully completes, not even beeper.toggle.

It looks as if the problem is more general than turning off the UPS. The command mechanism is broken.

I added -q and -D to /etc/nut/ups.conf, as:

 [myups]
   driver = nutdrv_qx -D -q
   port = auto

I couldn't find more info on where to append driver parameters, not sure if that's the correct way. After that, I restarted nut with:

 # service nut-server restart
 # service nut-client restart

My naive reading of function conf_args in common/upsconf.c is that only the form driver = something is seen, any additional parameters are ignored.

I'm not sure how to add a debugging option to a "service" call in Debian. Is /etc/init.d/nut-client a Bash/Dash script? Is it possible to add the option to the call of the driver in this script?

Roger