Hi all,

I am doing some final testing of the libusb-1.0 branch (specifically
https://github.com/zykh/nut.git branch libusb-1.0+0.1 @ dfd514e7), and I am
running across a regression in usbhid-ups relative to the previous libusb-0.1
code running on FreeBSD. Basically, the master (2.7.4+; c703fa75) code was able
to start running as root, drop privileges (usually to uucp, the default for the
ports tree), and then attach to the USB device. The new branch will only attach
to the device if I pass the '-u root' flag to usbhid-ups.

So far, I have tested this on FreeBSD 11.0-RELEASE and 11.1-RELEASE. The error
I get seems to be around where it claims the device.

Are there any FreeBSD users who have dealt with these sorts of USB issues
before, or are willing to help debug this? At this point, I am not sure if I am
just seeing weird build issues, and both test machines are kind of slow.

--

Thanks,
- Charles Lepple