Jérôme Charron wrote:
Finaly it is a good news that Nutch seems to be more "intelligent" on
content-type guessing than Firefox or IE, no?

I'm not so sure. When crawling Apache we had trouble with this feature. Some HTML files that had an XML header and the server identified as "text/html" Nutch decided to treat as XML, not HTML. We had to turn off the guessing of content types to index Apache correctly. I think we shouldn't aim guess things any more than a browser does. If browsers require standards compliance, then our lives will be simpler.

Doug