Fuad,

I think you are constantly comparing apples and oranges here.  It looks
like your new code simply hammers the server sending multiple requests
to a single server in parallel.  That's a big no-no in a web
crawling/spidering/fetching world, as bad as not obeying robots.txt.

The fact that the speed difference is SO large is a clear hint that the
comparison may not be right, and that the 3 plugins you are comparing
are configured very differently.

Otis