Andrzej Bialecki wrote:
I agree. I just thought that we would prepare the relase based on the code in trunk/ , and in that case we would like to wait with the merge before we do the release.

My definition of trunk is that it should be where the majority of development happens. It is what we should build nightly, etc.

Major versions should be branched from trunk, and point releases created as tags from the version branches.

A development branch (e.g., mapred) should be used when a few developers need to make radical changes and do not want to disrupt other developers.

So if most developers are now comfortable working on mapred, then we no longer need to keep it in a branch. And we already have a version branch for 0.7, so we don't need to reserve trunk for that.

Does this analysis sound right?

Doug