Time and again I get this error and as a result the segment remains
incomplete. This wastes one iteration of the for() loop in which I am
doing generate, fetch and update.

Can someone please tell me what are the measures I can take to avoid
this error? And isn't it possible to make some code changes so that
the whole fetch doesn't have to stop suddenly when this error occurs.
Can't we do something in the code so that, the fetch still continues
like in case of SocketException, in which case the fetch while(1) loop
continues.

If it is not possible, please tell me how can I prevent this error
from happening?

----- ERROR -----

fetch of http://telephony/register.asp failed with:
java.lang.NullPointerException
at
org.apache.hadoop.fs.FSDataInputStream$Buffer.getPos(FSDataInputStream.java:87)
at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FSDataInputStream.getPos(FSDataInputStream.java:125)
at org.apache.nutch.fetcher.Fetcher$FetcherThread.run(Fetcher.java:115)
fetcher caught:java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at
org.apache.hadoop.fs.FSDataInputStream$Buffer.getPos(FSDataInputStream.java:87)
at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FSDataInputStream.getPos(FSDataInputStream.java:125)
at org.apache.nutch.fetcher.Fetcher$FetcherThread.run(Fetcher.java:115)
fetcher caught:java.lang.NullPointerException
Fetcher: java.io.IOException: Job failed!
  at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.runJob(JobClient.java:604)
  at org.apache.nutch.fetcher.Fetcher.fetch(Fetcher.java:470)
  at org.apache.nutch.fetcher.Fetcher.run(Fetcher.java:505)
  at org.apache.hadoop.util.ToolBase.doMain(ToolBase.java:189)
  at org.apache.nutch.fetcher.Fetcher.main(Fetcher.java:477)