----- Original Message -----
From: "Dennis Kubes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, June 01, 2007 12:44 PM

[...]
> We are also using BIND and our current index is 52,519,267 pages so you
> should be fine with this.  I think djbdns is just easier to use.  Are you
> using any big DNS caches as backups?

No, but my case is a bit special because I run a custom URLFilter that
performs DNS lookups, whereas most other URLFilters just do some sort of
text processing.

Anyway, I have decided to examine the issue more closely, and for a start
I'll do some profiling: I'm not convinced of my earlier theory about few
"bad" domain names causing most of the delays, because the ones that can't
be resolved to an IP address turned out to be one order of magnitude fewer
than I thought.

I'll be back ;-)

Enzo