I should probably soften my reference to the NJ Dotterels as 'likely'.
Reviewing the heavily cropped photos (see NJ list) I'm less convinced that
American Golden-Plover can be safely ruled out. Hopefully the birds have
lingered overnight and will be studied carefully today. Will update the
list if I hear any more.

Dotterel is a species that comes to mind when thinking of possible origins
for a Corncrake and Common Greenshank. There was also a recent report of a
candidate Common/Oriental Cuckoo in MA but as far as I know it was not
photographed or refound.

Angus Wilson

--
Angus Wilson