ok, one less thing to worry about,. thnks, nate
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: vwnate1
  To: old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Sunday, August 06, 2006 8:14 PM
  Subject: [old-chevy-truck] Re: Fan To Radiator Clearance

  I have about 1/4" (EEK) clearance because I have a 235 and the wrong
  water pump -plus- an oversized radiator core...

  It all works out just fine , never any troubles .

  -Nate
  Dalton wrote:

  > About radiators. Why is the clearance between my radiator and my fan
  so close. This is on my '51 halfer. I know it didn't use to be that
  way. Sometime, somewhere in working on my truck and not paying
  attention, I created this situation. The clearance is less than an
  inch. Others notice this right away when I open the hood. The radiator
  and the fan don't come in contact. What should normal clearance be?
  The radiator is stock and mounted correctly. Maybe the suspect would
  be the fan or water pump shaft. Thanks, dalton

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Yahoo! Groups Links