--On Thursday, April 25, 2024 8:24 AM +0000 Marc <m...@f1-outsourcing.eu> wrote:

I am just testing if some application is efficiently authenticating with
a simple bind (and not doing searches) In a later stage I would like to
maybe optimize authenticating against ldap with credential caching.  When
I saw this I just thought I could do something with it. (In another
thread I posted about having binds max out at 150req/s, while searches
are ~9000req/s)

Again, you've failed to provide any useful information about your setup, along with using an ldap benchmarking tool I've never heard of, so it's difficult to really draw any conclusions. Binds are always going to be slower than other operations since they involve things such as TLS (if used), DNS, and other items. Well written LDAP clients bind, and then use a persistent connection to do their operations.

As far as ldctl, as best I can tell, it's a single host based benchmark system, which is generally not a valid way to benchmark LDAP, since clients are generally distributed. In the past I've been trivially able to overwhelm the client's ability to do networking with tools like that. Valid LDAP benchmarking tools are distributed in nature (slamd, jmeter, etc) which better reflect real world traffic patterns.

--Quanah