I think with the CSW or blastwave packages you need to install their version of gnome, and login in using it instead of the JDS version of gnome, and programs you install should show up in that gnome menu.

I for one though don't really like the blastwave version of gnome and prefer the JDS version much better. So, what I do is copy the .desktop file from /opt/csw/share/applications to /usr/share/applications log out and log back in and the icon appears in the gnome menu. Sometimes you might have to edit the .desktop file "Category" section to make it appear in the right place, but more often than not they work just fine as is.

I did not know about lifewithsolaris.jp. I wish the repository was up. I would very much love having a recent version of VLC on Solaris

Aaron

Rallavagu wrote:
Trying to configure "lifewithsolaris" (http://lifewithsolaris.jp/) repository and it seems to be down. Anybody has an idea if there are any alternatives? I have used blastwave but, their packages does not integrate well. For example, after installing an application it does not show up in the Gnome Menus. I am running OpenSolaris 0811.

Thanks in advance

Srikanth

Aaron Wilson
Ernie Ball, Inc.
I.T. Department
aa...@ernieball.com
(805)544-7726

NOTICE: This e-mail is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s).
Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution of this e-mail
or its contents is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended
recipient, please contact the sender by reply mail and destroy the
original and all copies of the original message.