Hi,

I'm using apache 1.13.9 with mod_ssl 0.9.6 at SuSE Linux 7.2.

The client authentication I configured between MSIE 6.0 or Netscape 4.77 as
browsers and the apache server works - but also fails.

It denies the user from protected sites (those sites that the client
authentication is configured for), if the requested certificate is
unavailable. So it works.
But if it is available, the browser shows the text and some (!) pictures. So
it fails.

I checked the "access_log" file and it seems that the browser does not
request the server for the missing pictures.
In the "error_log" file there is one error for each missing picture:

[error] mod_ssl: XXL_client authentication failed: unknown reason

Is there anybody who has a good idea ?

Thanks a lot.

Regards, Steffen