Hi all,
        I have created a certificate using the following sequence of calls :

        X509_new()
        RSA_generate_key()
            X509_set_version(cert,3)
        ASN1_INTEGER_set(X509_get_serialNumber(cert),0)
            X509_gmtime_adj(X509_get_notBefore(cert),0);
        X509_gmtime_adj(X509_get_notAfter(cert),45);
        X509_set_pubkey(cert,pk)
            X509_set_issuer_name()
            X509_set_subject_name()
        X509_sign()

        It had created a certificate and a private key.

        Thus created certificate is working fine when registered with a server
(ie., server is presenting the certificate and communication goes through
fine).

        Instead, the same certificate registered with a client, does not work.  The
server mandated to authenticate the client, throws up an error :
        "25199:error:140890B2:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_CLIENT_CERTIFICATE:no
certificate returned:s3_srvr.c:1989:"

        And the client too throws up an error :
        "25195:error:1409E0E5:SSL routines:SSL3_WRITE_BYTES:ssl handshake
failure:s3_pkt.c:514:"

        Could we infer anything from these.

        Thanks in advance for any help.

- rsr.