hi ..
now i created a CA and a certificate signed by it.
my client call is now,
s_client  -connect  ip:port -cert clientcert.pem  -key clientPrivKey.pem  -CAfile cakey.pem

still no development....

can someone look into this issue please...?

"Mark" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Sent by:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

10.01.2006 14:12

Please respond to
openssl-users@openssl.org

openssl-users@openssl.org
cc
Subject
RE: problem in client authentication
Classification

> my last mail seem to be lost somewhere..

I got it!

> Hi all,
>
> Im testing an SSL server with s_client. I  want to implement
> client authentication.
>
> The problem is even if I include the certificate and key file
> in my client call, SSL_get_peer_certificate()
> returns NULL
>
> I tried the following calls,
>
> a) S_client -connect ip:port
> b) s_client -connect ip:port -cert clientcert.pem -key
> clientPrivkey.pem

I would think you would need to specify the root certificate
using the -CAfile option.

Cheers, Mark