currently, when vpn service and IPsecSiteConnection are created, their
state is PENDING_CREATE,  which disallows updating at:
    def assert_update_allowed(self, obj):
        status = getattr(obj, 'status', None)
        _id = getattr(obj, 'id', None)
        if utils.in_pending_status(status):
            raise vpnaas.VPNStateInvalidToUpdate(id=_id, state=status)

so why cannot we update these objects just after we created them?

I think  for IPsecSiteConnection, we should be able to update some
description fields such as name, and for vpnservice objects, we should be
able to do updating if we have no IPsecSiteConnection for it.

Regards,
Yong Sheng Gong