On 6/20/2018 6:54 AM, Lee Yarwood wrote:
We can bump the minimum here but then we have to play a game of working
out the oldest version the above fix was backported to across the
various distros. I'd rather see this address by the Libvirt maintainers
in Debian if I'm honest.

Just a thought, but in nova we could at least do:

1. Add a 'known issues' release note about the issue and link to the libvirt patch.

and/or

2. Handle libvirtError in that case, check for the "Incorrect number of padding bytes" string in the error, and log something with a breadcrumb to the libvirt fix - that would be for people that miss the release note, or hit the issue past rocky and wouldn't have found the release note because they're on Stein+ now.

Matt