On 10/14/2014 12:43 PM, Steven Hardy wrote:
On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 10:55:30AM +0200, Tomas Sedovic wrote:
Hi everyone,

As outlined in the "Remove merge.py"[1] spec, Peter Belanyi and I have built
the templates for controller, nova compute, swift and cinder nodes that can
be deploying directly to Heat (i.e. no merge.py pass is necessary).

The patches:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/123100/
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/123713/

I'd like to talk about testing and merging them.

Both Peter and myself have successfully run them through devtest multiple
times. The Tuskar and TripleO UI folks have managed to hook them up to the
UI and make things work, too.

That said, there is a number of limitations which don't warrant making them
the new default just yet:

* Juno Heat is required
* python-heatclient version 0.2.11 is required to talk to Heat
* There is currently no way in Heat to drop specific nodes from a
ResourceGroup (say because of a hardware failure) so the "ellision" feature
from merge.py is not supported yet

FYI, I saw that comment from Clint in 123713, and have been looking
into ways to add this feature to Heat - hopefully will have some code to
post soon.

Oh, cool! It was on my todo list of things to tackle next. If I can help in any way (e.g. testing), let me know.

Steve