http://dormando.livejournal.com/495593.html

Maybe we need to take it into consideration. Maybe it'll bring more problems than solutions for a future, scallable HA environment.

Best regards,

On 24-10-2014 17:10, Gabriel Hurley wrote:
SQLite doesn't introduce any additional dependencies, memcached requires
installation of memcached (admittedly it's not hard on most distros, but it
*is* yet another step) and in most cases the installation of another python
module to interface with it.

Memcached might be a good choice for devstack, but it may or may not be the
right thing to recommend for Horizon by default.

     - Gabriel

-----Original Message-----
From: Yves-Gwenaël Bourhis [mailto:yves-gwenael.bour...@cloudwatt.com]
Sent: Friday, October 24, 2014 7:06 AM
To: openstack-dev@lists.openstack.org
Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] [Horizon] [Devstack]

Le 24/10/2014 13:30, Chmouel Boudjnah a écrit :
On Fri, Oct 24, 2014 at 12:27 PM, Yves-Gwenaël Bourhis
<yves-gwenael.bour...@cloudwatt.com
<mailto:yves-gwenael.bour...@cloudwatt.com>> wrote:
     memcache can be distributed (so usable in HA) and has far better
     performances then db sessions.
     Why not use memcache by default?

I guess for the simple reason that if you restart your memcache you
loose all the sessions?
Indeed, and for devstack that's an easy way do do a cleanup of old sessions :-)

We are well talking about devstack in this thread, where loosing sessions after
a memcache restart is not an issue and looks more like a very handy feature.

For production it's another mater, and operators have the choice.

--
Yves-Gwenaël Bourhis

Thiago Paiva Brito
Software Engineer