Hi zhi,

I'm diving into nova vif codes this morning so I think I can give you an answer
about it.

Your guess is correct. If you use libvirt, you can find a xml file in your nova
data directory. You can find following codes in this xml file:

    <interface type="bridge">
      <mac address="fa:16:3e:ff:c5:b6"/>
      <model type="virtio"/>
      <driver name="qemu"/>
      <source bridge="qbr8b77eaa3-00"/>
      <target dev="tap8b77eaa3-00"/>
    </interface>

So, when nova-compute create and start this domain, it will plug dev
'tap8b77eaa3-00' into bridge 'qbr8b77eaa3-00' by libvirtd automatically.

You can get more information from here:
https://libvirt.org/formatdomain.html#elementsNICS

------------------ ???????? ------------------
??????: "zhi";<changzhi1...@gmail.com>;
??????: "openstack-dev"<openstack-dev@lists.openstack.org>;

????: [openstack-dev] Add tap device to ovs bridge when attach aninterface to
vm.

Hi, all. I want to add tap device to br-ex rather than linux bridge when
attaching an interface to a vm. I find some code in nova/virt/libvirt/vif.py in
function plug_ovs_hybrid like this " utils.execute('brctl', 'addbr', br_name,
run_as_root=True) ". I find no place which add tap device to linux bridge. Does
libvirt do it? Could some helps me? thx.