While I think we could merge the two together and control access with RBAC now,
I expect we'll keep separate ports for the use case that Matt Joyce
specifically mentions. I've made a blueprint to implement RBAC into keystone,
using Keystone
(https://blueprints.launchpad.net/keystone/+spec/rbac-keystone-api), but there
will still be a need to bootstrap into the system, which may reside only on the
admin port.

The V3 draft API doesn't distinguish between public and private, somewhat
intentionally, as that's something I expect to wrap behind RBAC for most
access. That said, having an admin-functions-only running on a private port and
potentially disabled is clearly something that Matt (and others?) want to keep
available, so I expect we will.

-joe