On Jul 29, 2012, at 10:34 AM, Rick Clark wrote:
> Jonathon,
> How is it possible for someone to taint the nomination process?  Are we
> not allowed to promote our nominations? In light of the fact that the
> process is closed and we can't know how many nominations we had
> received, it seems fine to me to encourage nominations.  Have some
> unwritten rules been broken, I am completely confused?

Certainly no rules against promoting your nomination or candidacy (or someone
else's for that matter). Campaign away! The situation in question is a
completely different matter and involves a serious allegation of harassment
that we are still trying to get details on.

> Saying someone
> "violated the basic principles that hold our community together" is an
> extreme statement. Our community does things in the open, by default.
> Had we followed our "basic principles" in this nomination process, I
> can't help but think we wouldn't be in this situation.

I agree that our tools and processes can get better and more transparent, and
as I mentioned below, we are working on that. Hope to have an update later
today or tomorrow on that to send out. I am not sure that it would have
prevented this situation as it involves behavior outside of the mechanics of
the nominations.

Jonathan