Hi!

* Vincent Untz <vu...@novell.com> [2010-11-01 20:51:51 CET]:
>Le lundi 01 novembre 2010, à 20:27 +0100, Andreas Jaeger a écrit :

 From what I can tell, Vincent is his own for a start, if any. :)

>>> I don't understand.  How does he have the right to say Vuntz represents
>>> Ubuntu?  He's one of our folks.

 I clearified it in my blog entry where I also posted it to:
<http://rhonda.deb.at/blog/debian/report-opensuse.html>

> Right. I was involved in Ubuntu a while ago (2004-2006, I'd say, before
> I chose to focus on GNOME), and I'm still an Ubuntu member. I'm
> following what's happening there, because I have friends in the Ubuntu
> world and because it's important for upstream GNOME.
>
> That being said, I'm much more a GNOME/openSUSE person than a
> Ubuntu/GNOME one (I'm using openSUSE, and I contributed much more to
> openSUSE than to Ubuntu). I guess it's safe to say that I don't
> represent Ubuntu in any way anymore, and I certainly wasn't at the
> openSUSE conference with a Ubuntu hat :-)

 If it would make you lot feel better, I will send the same
clearification to the mailinglist, too. Actually it seems that Vincent
was there with as much Ubuntu hat as myself, or rather, me possibly more
than him because I actually also have upload rights to Ubuntu.

 Still, frankly spoken, I am a fair bit astonished about the claiming
that a person belongs to someone, especially exclusively, especially in
the free software community. Yes, I should have done more research about
Vincent, and I appoligize for not having done that, but the impression
with Vincent's blog on Planet Ubuntu did lead to that, especially since
planet ubuntu is explictly meant for ubuntu related stuff, like can be
read in the Guidelines: <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PlanetUbuntu>

> If people absolutely want to give me a Ubuntu hat, then I should be
> considered as a GNOME/openSUSE/Ubuntu person. And we could maybe add
> some freedesktop.org stuff in there to be complete ;-)

 Right. I haven't claimed you to be exclusive, especially since I even
stated Ubuntu/GNOME, and such exclusive thinking is in my personal
opinion not really helping the overall though of "Collaboration across
Borders". Actually the sort of responses somehow makes me think that
collaboration might not really be appreciated, but then, this might also
be a as skewed view as which I left with my report from the conference.

> cc'ing Gerfried so he knows about this.

 Thank you very much to give me the chance to explain how it came to
this.

 Enjoy!
Rhonda
--
<dholbach> Last day of https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuDeveloperWeek starting in
           34 minutes in #ubuntu-classroom on irc.feenode.net